Annual Provider and Vendor Training
Network providers and Delegated Vendors must complete annual trainings to satisfy AHCCCS, CMS and Bridgeway Health Solutions requirements for working with the Dual Eligibles Special Needs population.
The annual training courses are:
- Arizona Health Care Cost and Containment System (AHCCCS) Fraud Waste and Abuse Training
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Fraud Waste and Abuse and Compliance Training*
- Bridgeway Health Solutions (Bridgeway) Cultural Competency Program Training
- Bridgeway Health Solutions Advantage Model of Care Training
- Provider Medicare Training
*CMS requires each practitioner complete the course individually (when applicable)
Cultural Competency Training
The Bridgeway Health Solutions (Bridgeway) Cultural Competency Training must be completed annually by all contracted network providers. The training course covers the following information:
- The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) requirements related to a Cultural Competency Program.
- The Bridgeway expectations for a Cultural Competency Program
- An overview of Bridgeway membership demographics (note: full AHCCCS program demographics are available on the AHCCCS website)
Once the training is completed, submit the applicable attestation for providers or vendors. Contact the plan’s Compliance Officer, Cheyenne Ross, with any questions or concerns at 1-866-475-3129 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Model of Care Provider Training
The Model of Care training is mandatory for all Network Providers and Delegated Vendors to meet the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements for Model of Care (MOC) for the Bridgeway Health Solutions Advantage (Bridgeway) Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP). The course ensures that providers who work with our D-SNP members have the specialized training this unique population requires.
Once the training is completed, please attest to completion on the applicable attestation page provided for providers and vendors. Contact the plan’s Compliance Officer, Cheyenne Ross, with any questions or concerns at 1-866-475-3129 or via email at email@example.com
Provider Medicare Training
In July 2015, CMS published CMS-4159-F which creates changes to the current process for General Compliance (Compliance) and Fraud, Waste & Abuse (FWA)* trainings. Effective January 1, 2016, First-Tier, Downstream, and Related Entities (FDR), as well as delegated groups, are required to complete trainings via the Medicare Learning Network (MLN) website. These trainings must be completed by each individual provider/practitioner within the group rather than one person representing the group collectively. The updated regulation requires providers/practitioners to complete the training within 90 days of contracting with the plan and then annually thereafter. Once training is complete, each provider will need to complete the certificate of completion, or attestation when applicable, and provide the health plan with a copy of the completed form(s). Additional information on where to send certificates of completion will be provided in a January 2016 communication to network practitioners/providers.
The link below will take you to the MLN website where you will find the General Compliance and FWA Trainings within the Downloads section of the webpage:
* Note: CMS participating providers are exempt from the FWA training and attestation requirement of the health plan due to their participation in CMS’ Medicare fee-for-service program.